Assistant Golf Professional
Kokanee Springs Resort
Crawford Bay, British Columbia, CA
|Date Posted||Jan 15, 2014|
|Profession||Meeting & Events|
|Job Type(s)||Full Time|
|Education Level(s)||Not Specified|
Reports to: General Manager- Kokanee Springs Resort
Status: Seasonal, Full time (April to October)
Location: Kokanee Springs Resort, BC
Kokanee Springs Resort (www.kokaneesprings.com) is a full service golf resort and offers the following amenities:
- A spectacular 18-hole championship golf course designed by Norman Woods
- The Lodges at Kokanee: 58 rooms, 5 suites and a 20 person meeting room
- The Villas at Kokanee: 12 one and two-bedroom strata units added in 2012
- The Big Bend Cottages: 3 two-bedroom strata units added in 2011
- Clubhouse, Bunker's Grill and The Golf Shop
Position Summary and Mission
The position will assist with the management of daily golf operations including managing and tracking play, protecting and controlling assets, assisting in the supervision of golf staff, assist with merchandising functions, assist with tournament set-up and execution, teaching lessons, and providing other professional services to ensure an exceptional golf experience.
As an integral part of the team, your ownership and accountability will drive exceptional experiences and results for our guests, owners and team members.
- Supervise and manage the total golf operations in a professional and efficient manner
- Provide excellent customer services, professional advice and assistance to all patrons.
- Control and manage play; ensure guest check-in and fee collection in coordination with the starter.
- Assist with the management of the practice facility.
- Provide golf instruction and clinics that is consistent with instructional methods, policies and procedures.
- Assist in the purchasing, receipt, display, inventory, control, promotion and sales of merchandise.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner and maintain a professional image at all times.
- Be informed on, and promote all club activities and services.
- Assist in managing tournaments and outings.
- Assist in managing and executing of the Men’s, ladies and Senior’s Leagues.
- Supervise upkeep of the golf range to ensure that safe, clean, organized and professional conditions exist throughout the day.
- Maintain teaching aids and equipment inventory in excellent condition.
- Maintain extensive contact with supervisors and instructors to ensure teamwork and consistency in teaching programs.
- Possess a personality trait that will make people feel welcome, reflecting favorably on the facility
- Create instructional programs to enhance service and maintain interest and enthusiasm among all customer segments.
- Assist in marketing and promotion for instruction programming
- Create a player development program to foster a competitive environment, and provide career guidance for aspiring youth.
- 1-3 years work experience as a Golf Pro
- 2-5 years customer service experience
- CPGA membership
Skills and Abilities
- Read and write (English)
- Communicate verbally with staff members and/or customers with or without the use of two-way radios.
- Give and/or follow verbal and written instructions.
- Visually inspect all work areas, golf course and grounds.
- See players on the golf course, and to follow the flight of golf balls.
- Operate vehicles and equipment for several hours at a time.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Duty meals.
- Golf privileges as per the Manager's golfing policy.
- 50% of any lesson taught outside of “golf school “or youth camp. Commissions will be calculated and paid out monthly.
- 4 Kokanee logo golf shirts from the 'golf school' collection.
- Reimbursement of CPGA dues for 2014
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Responsibilities frequently require an adjusted work schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays to meet resort operating demand
- Work hours may include days and evenings on weekdays and weekends.
- May be subject to inside and outside environmental conditions and exposed to inclement weather, potentially dangerous chemicals, solvents, pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers, misdirected golf balls, sharp and rapid equipment movement on a daily basis.
- Stand, sit, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, bend and kneel for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally, 20 lbs. frequently, and 10 lbs. constantly.
Please apply online with resume and cover letter, stating salary expectations at:
We thank all interested candidates; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Applications are being accepted until March 14, 2014
< < Back